Season 1; Episode 4 – This episode retired MLB SS & Celebrity Dad ROYCE CLAYTON and Chef Chris Krajacic show you how to make a Grilled Mahi Mahi w Roasted Vegetables & Butternut Squash.
• 2 Cups Butternut Squash (diced)
• 7 Tbs Olive Oil
• 2 Tbs Garlic (Diced)
• 3 Green Onions (1 sliced, 2 whole)
• 10 Asparagus Stalks
• 1 Ear of Corn on the cob
• 1 Cup Broccolini
• 4 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
• 1 Pinch Lemon Zest
• 4 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
• 1 Mahi Mahi Filet
• 1 Tsp. Paprika
• 1 Tsp. Toasted Cumin
• 1 Tsp. Parsley (chopped)
• 3 Tbsp. Cojita Cheese
• 1 Tsp. Fresh Basil (chopped)
Roasted Butternut Squash (part 1):
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
2. Combine the butternut squash, 2 tbsp. Garlic, 2 tbsp. olive oil, Salt, and pepper in a bowl and toss to evenly coat the squash.
3. Once the oven is heated, roast for about 40 min or until squash is soft and slightly browned.
4. Remove from oven and set aside in a bowl
1. Preheat the Panini press to med-high heat
2. In a large bowl, combine the Green Onion, Asparagus, Corn, Broccolini, and 2 tbsp. Olive oil.
3. Once the press is at temperature, grill the vegetables for approx. 3 min on each side.
4. Remove from the grill and place back into the bowl
5. Add 2 tsp. Lemon Juice and the Apple Cider vinegar; toss until coated
Grilled Mahi Mahi:
1. Place the Mahi Mahi Filet in a bowl and coat with 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
2. In another bowl, combine the Cumin, Paprika, Parsley, 1 Sliced Green Onion, 3 tbsp. olive oil, lemon zest, ½ tsp. salt and 1 tsp. pepper.
3. Gently coat the Mahi Mahi with these combined ingredients.
4. On a preheated grill, place the Mahi Mahi (flesh side down) on the grill.
5. Cook for about 2 min, then lift the fish and rotate 45 degrees to cook for another 2 min.
6. Then flip and turn grill to a medium heat.
7. After about 2 min, remove from the grill and let rest for 5 min before serving.
Roasted Butternut Squash (part 2):
1. Take the roasted corn and slice down along the ear to harvest the kernels
2. Add 2 tbsp. lemon juice, the chopped fresh basil, Cojita Cheese, 2 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar, and the corn to the Butternut Squash and toss together thoroughly until mixed to create the medley.
Whether a novice or expert cook, Chef Chris helps celebrity Dads up their cooking level. Parents agree, that what’s most important to them is “what” and “how” their family eats. Each episode is a new celebrity dad and recipe.
Please “LIKE” this video on YouTube and share it, and “LIKE” us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dadsdoindishes
Subscribe to our Parent Family Network channel for more recipes & follow us on Twitter & Instagram @dadsdoindishes
Please leave a comment and engage in our Dads & Parenting community. Suggest a celebrity dad you like to see on our cooking show.
For sponsorship opportunities contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Video Rating: / 5