Support my work on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/EthanC
Coming at you with a high protein vegetarian sandwich!
As someone who tries to eat 130 grams of protein per day, it can be hard to meet that goal with purely vegetarian foods. I came up with this chickpea salad sandwich that uses a skyr based dressing and a Mexican inspired spice blend to provide extra protein and flavor. Hope you enjoy!
~ Recipe ~
█ Chickpea Salad Sandwich █
• 1 can Chickpeas (1.75 cup)
• ¼ cup Red Onion, diced
• ⅓ cup Siggi’s Plain 0% Skyr
• ¼ cup Pepperoncini (or pickle/lime) liquid
• 2 TBSP Fresh Cilantro, minced
• 1 TSP Smoked Paprika
• 1 TSP Cumin
• ½ TSP Red Hot Chile Powder or Cayenne
• 3 slices Eureka Grainiac Bread
• 1 Slice American Cheese
Combine the skyr, pepperoncini liquid and cilantro. Adjust the liquid to desired consistency. Stir in the paprika, cumin, and chile powder
Half mash the chickpeas with a potato masher until desired consistency. Toss in the diced onion.
Add the dressing to the chickpea mixture until well combined. Add salt & pepper to taste.
Prepare your triple decker sandwich by toasting the bread, adding lettuce, chickpea salad, tomato, cheese, bread, lettuce, chickpea salad, tomato, cheese, bread.
~ Macros per Sandwich ~
Protein: 32 grams
Carbs: 76 grams
Fats: 15 grams
● DJ Quads
● Soundcloud – https://soundcloud.com/aka-dj-quads
● Soundcloud – https://soundcloud.com/aka-dj-quads #homecooking #f52grams