The wonderful flavors of China have made it into the hearts a many world-wide. The crispness of the vegetables, along with the spice and the tender and juicy Chicken, has made this a winner in our books. Enjoy this amazing dish and your biggest worry will be how to stop eating…
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs – 1lb (approx 1/2 kg)
Salt – to taste
Pepper- to taste
Cornstarch – 1.5 tbsp
Dry Red Chilli – 4-5 or to taste, cut
Oil – 4 tbsp
Ginger – 2 tbsp, minced
Garlic – 2 tbsp, minced
Green Chillies – to taste, slit
Onion – 1/2 medium, chopped
Red Bell Pepper – 1/3rd, chopped
Yellow Bell Pepper – 1/3rd, chopped
Green Bell Pepper – 1/3rd, chopped
Soy Sauce – 3 tbsp
Sambal or Chilli Sauce – 2 tbsp or to taste
White Vinegar – 1 tbsp
Spring Onions – 2 sprigs, cut diagonally
1. Wash the chicken well and lightly sprinkle Salt, Pepper and Cornstarch. Mix well and set aside.
2. In a wok-style pan, heat Oil on medium-high heat.
3. Drop the Chicken in so as to not let it clump, separate the pieces so they get coated in Oil and get evenly coated.
4. Cook uncovered stirring frequently. Allow the Chicken to cook all the way through.
5. To check, cut a piece of chicken and if there is no pink, it’s done.
6. With a slotted spoon, pull the chicken to the side, drain all the excess Oil and keep aside.
7. In the same Oil, add in the chopped Dry Red Chillies and cook for 30 seconds.
8. Add in the Ginger, Garlic and Green Chillies, mix and cook for a minute.
9. Add in the Onion and the Bell-Pepper and cook for another minute or so.
10. Add in the Soy Sauce, Chilli Sauce and the Vinegar. Mix.
11. Add the Chicken.
12. Cook until the sauce coats the Chicken and the Vegetables.
13. Once done, turn off the flame and add in the Spring Onions.
14. Toss once again and serve immediately with Noodles, Fried Rice or Steamed Rice.
Check out the ShowMeTheCurry Channel: https://www.youtube.com/showmethecurry
Video Rating: / 5
lol i made this, but couldn't find the chilli's, so substituted with dried red pepper flakes….yeah they made it reaaaaaaaally spicy. my tongue went numb…lol
so much talking
That looks very good and easy to make. Much healthier than deep fry. Will definitely give it a try next time. Thanks
Awesome recipe, my hubby loved it <3 thank you so much :)
Hi ladies I cooked this dish and I tell you it was delicious. Family really enjoyed this dish. Thank you.
hmmmm..so apetising and looks delicious
Looks lovely i will be making this meal. Thank you.
it looks quite nice, just one suggestion: as you pre fried the chicken, so when you fry it the second time, you can turn up the heat a little bit higher so the oil can be hotter to make the cooking faster. but not burnt. Controlling the heat is a key point in Chinese cooking
mmmmmmmmmmmm nom nom nom
thanks a lot for the recipe
Looks delicious! I'm always looking for new recipes. Thanks for sharing! 🙂 I liked and subscribed. Looking forward to more.
Is that corn flour or corn starch?
CHICKEN AND CHILI BOOP BOOP BOOP BOOP BOOP BOOP BOOP BOOP BOOP BOOP BOOP BOOP
I had make it just like you make and it was delicious :)
I like your style of cooking. Will try to use different kind of meats to see how it turns out.
Thanks for sharing this recipe. The flavor was really good.
I never knew non vegetarian dish will be so easy. I'm gonna try it soon
Thank you both, for all your videos! I only knew very limited how to cook. After I moved on my own, I always missed my moms cooking. The first dish I learned how to make was your Chutney and chicken curry. You two make a great team and I look forward in all you future videos!