*Legendado em Portugues*
I remember prior to going on exchange I always searched YouTube for a video just like this. A video showing me what school would be like in Brazil and I found none, so I hope this helps at least one future Brazilian exchange student. Good luck to all you future exchange students, it will be the year of a lifetime!
City: Campo Novo do Parecis
State: Mato Grosso, Brazil
School: IFMT – Campus Campo Novo do Parecis
My Exchange Blog: brazilforayear.tumblr.com
Small F.A.Q. About School In Brazil:
• You take about 18 – 22 courses per semester depending on what grade you’re in and also if you are specializing on something or not, if you are not then you most likely will take less courses
• Classes are ~60 minutes long
• You stay in the same classroom the whole entire day
• If you go to a school that specializes in a certain course your school day will be very long (in my case, 7AM – 5:30PM) [lunch will be at school] • If you go to a normal school your school day will either be from 7AM to 11:30AM or from 1:00PM to 5:30PM (lunch will always be at home)
• Lunch at my school was an hour long
• Teachers are not very strict when compared to the U.S.
• No lockers
• Uniform shirts (in my case there were uniform boots because it was an agriculture school and you could only wear blue jeans, no white jeans, etc…)
• Many people slept in class and used their phones in class, something that was not allowed at all in my American school
• Class sizes are fairly small
• If you have any questions, comment them.
*Daqui a pouco vou colocar legendas em português me lembram que provavelmente vou esquecer kkk*
Obrigada pra todos meus amigos e amigas que me ajudaram fazer este video, especialmente Rafael que me ajudo gravar no restaurante quando eu tinha vergonha kkkk. Saudades do IFMT e das minhas turmas. Amo todos vocês!