Healthy Vegetable Soup from Maimoona Yasmeen’s Recipes
YOU CAN ALSO REACH US ON :
Youtube Subscribe -https://www.youtube.com/c/hyderabadwala?sub_confirmation=1
Website – http://www.hyderabadwala.com
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/hyderabadwale?ref=hl
Google Plus – https://plus.google.com/+Hyderabadwala
Twitter – https://twitter.com/Hyderabadwalaa
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/hyderabadwalarecipes/
Water: 1 litre
Carrot: ½ of the whole carrot
Onion: one small (35 grams)
Garlic cloves: 2
Sweet corn kernels: 1 tablespoon
Chopped coriander: a handful
Peppercorns: 4 to 5
Salt: ½ teaspoon
1. Add water to a cooking pan.
2. Add diced carrot, onion cubes, diced garlic cloves, sweet corn kernels, chopped coriander, salt and add peppercorns.
3. Close the lid and cook on medium flame.
4. When the water comes to boil, simmer for one hour
5. Sieve and separate the clear stock. (Either discard or use the vegetables as salad).
For making the soup:
Cooking oil: 1 tablespoon
White spring onions (chopped): 1 tablespoon
Thinly diced carrot: 1 ½ tablespoon
Thinly diced beans: 1 ½ tablespoon
Capsicum (medium sized): 1 whole
Tomato puree: 2 tablespoons
Salt: ½ teaspoon
White pepper powder: ½ teaspoon + ½ teaspoon
Corn flour: 1 tablespoon
Chopped green spring onions: for garnishing
1. To another pan, add oil.
2. Add chopped white spring onions. Stir fry for 30 seconds.
3. Add thinly diced carrot, thinly diced beans and add chopped capsicum. Stir fry for one minute.
4. Add tomato puree, salt and white pepper powder. Mix well.
5. Add half of the vegetable stock and preserve the remaining stock in the refrigerator for next use.
6. Add 1 tablespoon cornflour mixed with 1/4th cup of water. Stir continuously while adding the cornflour paste.
7. Add ½ teaspoon white pepper powder for more spicy taste. Mix well.
8. Switch off the flame and garnish with chopped green spring onions.
Vegetable Soup is ready to be served.