Biryani is a delicious rice recipe consisting of rice cooked with khada masala and layered with some cooked vegetables. Dum Biryani has a unique taste of its own due to the slow pressurized cooking of rice and vegetables. Vegetable Dum Biryani recipe consists of vegetables like potatoes, carrots, French beans and paneer. This recipe is cooked in ghee to give the Biryani a rich taste and to add more richness we add some Kesar to the Biryani.
3 Cups Basmati Rice
150 Grams Paneer
½ Cup French Beans
¾ Cup Green Peas
¾ Cup Cauliflower
¾ Cup Julienned Carrots
1 Diced Potato
1 Chopped Onion
½ Cup Curd
2-3 Teaspoon Ginger-Garlic Paste
2 Teaspoon Mint-Coriander Paste
Bay Leaves (Tej Patta)
Caraway Seeds (Shahi Jeera)
Mint Leaves (Pudina)
½ Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
3 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
3-4 Teaspoon Biryani Masala
1. Take 8-10 cups of water in a deep bottomed utensil and add 4 cardamom, 3-4 bay leaves, 8-10 black pepper, 3-4 cloves, 2-3 cinnamon sticks, 2 star anise, 1.5 teaspoon caraway seeds, 2 teaspoons oil, some mint leaves, some coriander leaves and mix well.
2. Add 3 cups of rice, salt and cook the rice slightly.
3. Now heat 2 teaspoon ghee and add 2 teaspoon oil in separate utensil.
4. Add 2-3 cloves, 4-5 black pepper, 2 cinnamon sticks and 3-4 bay leaves.
5. Now add chopped onion and stir till it turns transparent.
6. Add ginger-garlic paste and pudina-coriander paste.
7. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, and biryani masala. Mix well.
8. Now add French beans, carrots, potatoes, cauliflower and green peas.
9. Add salt as per taste and some water to cook the vegetables well.
10. Add curd and paneer.
11. Add some kesar to 1 teaspoon milk and let it rest for a while.
12. Now in a deep bottomed vessel add the vegetables, then a layer of rice.
13. Then some coriander and pudina leaves. Add some fried onions and spread it evenly.
14. Add the remaining vegetables and then add the remaining rice.
15. Add coriander leaves, pudina, fried onion and kesar-milk.
16. Add some ghee and close the lid and close the edges with some dough and cook for 15-20 minutes on a low flame.
17. Vegetable Dum Biryani is ready to eat.