Veg Handi is a classic treat for all the vegetarians wherein all the fresh veggies are tossed together to explore a delectable new taste. It is usually made in a handi (clay-pot) to enhance the flavors but you can also make it in a pan. Check out Ruchi’s take on this popular vegetarian dish.
Share on Facebook – http://goo.gl/j9qz9g
Tweet about this – http://goo.gl/u7gh1a
Share on g+ – http://goo.gl/V0M0uM
Ingredients: (serves 6)
For the mixture:
1 tsp garam masala
4 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
coriander and cumin seed powder
coriander leaves – finely chopped
4 tbsp ghee
4 cups of water
2 big onions – finely chopped
250g cauliflower florets
100g french beans
250g green peas
salt to taste
– In a bowl, add the onions, cashewnuts, coarse paste of fresh coconuts, garlic cloves, ginger and some green chillies, garam masala, kashmiri red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander and cumin seed powder and finely chopped coriander leaves and mix all the ingredients well.
– Boil water in a pan.
– Once the water comes to a boil, add ghee and the mixture to it and give it a stir.
– Add the freshly chopped veggies – cauliflower florets, french beans, carrots, green peas, potatoes and salt to taste and mix all the ingredients together.
– Once the water comes to a boil again, lower the flame and cover it with a lid and let it cook for about 15-20 minutes. Make sure you do not cover the entire pan. Leave some space for the steam to evaporate.
– Give it a stir from time to time. Add water if you feel the need.
– Check on the vegetables and once they are done, let it cook for few minutes to let the water evaporate. Make sure you do not cover it with a lid this time.
– Add some coriander leaves and give it a stir and turn off the flame.
– The delicious Veg Handi is ready to be served.
Director: Suchandra Basu
Camera: Kawaldeep Singh Jangwal, Narayan Thakur, Suchandra Basu
Editing: Dinesh Shetty
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited
Subscribe & Stay Tuned – http://www.youtube.com/user/rajshrifood?sub_confirmation=1
For more videos log onto http://www.youtube.com/rajshrifood
Find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/rajshrifood
Follow us on google plus https://plus.google.com/+rajshrifood