This shallow fried cutlet is loaded with vegetables. One of the most popular dishes available in the menu when you travel by Indian Railways. A must try recipe !
RAILWAY VEGETABLE CUTLET
5-6 French beans, blanched and finely chopped
½ cup green peas, blanched and crushed
1 medium beetroot, peeled and grated
4 medium potatoes, boiled and peeled
1 tablespoon oil + for shallow-frying
½ teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
1 inch ginger, finely chopped
2 green chillies, finely chopped
1 medium onion, finely chopped
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
Dried breadcrumbs for coating
Lemon wedge for garnishing
Fresh mint sprig for garnishing
1. Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add cumin seeds and sauté till seeds change colour.
2. Add ginger, green chillies and onion, mix and sauté till onions turn translucent.
3. Add French beans, green peas, beetroot, salt and chilli powder, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Put potatoes in a bowl. Add salt and mash well. Add cooked vegetables, lemon juice and coriander leaves and mix well.
5. Divide the mixture into equal portions and coat with breadcrumbs. Put them in heart shaped cookie cutter to make cutlets. Coat once again with breadcrumbs.
6. Heat some oil on a non-stick tawa. Place cutlets on it and shallow-fry till golden brown and evenly cooked from both sides.
7. Garnish with lemon wedge and mint sprig and serve hot.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
For more recipes : http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor