How to make the best Potato Balls coated with a super crispy paprika breading and filled with gooey and stretchy mozzarella cheese.
You will fall in love with this irresistible party recipe!
EGGLESS MOIST VANILLA CAKE: shorturl.at/nvADM
BASQUE BURNT CHEESECAKE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dR5aLYPZdQ
EGGLESS MOIST CHOCOLATE POUND CAKE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnV5WD-nkqo
NO KNEAD EASY ITALIAN BREAD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3Ru-Kd7ksw
POTATO CHEESE SANDWICH: https://bit.ly/34iICNB
NUTELLA GOOEY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LmJWfAE27o
MY BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES: https://bit.ly/2QG5lgX
HASSELBACK POTATOES: https://bit.ly/2R2JtNz
PARMESAN TORNADO POTATO: https://bit.ly/2LaW3pI
CHEESE ONION RINGS: https://bit.ly/2u9Z8BS
MOZZARELLA IN CARROZZA: https://bit.ly/2TZNp1m
Please, leave a comment and subscribe to my channel for more recipe videos!
– EGG REPLACEMENT FOR THIS RECIPE: substitute eggs with a fluid mix made with sparkling water (or milk if you prefer) and flour.
– RED POTATOES REPLACEMENT FOR THIS RECIPE: you can use Yellow Potatoes if you can’t find the red one.
– MOZZARELLA REPLACEMENT FOR THIS RECIPE: you can use your favourite cheese similar to Mozzarella, even cheddar….
Video Gear Used For This Video:
U.S.A. LINK: https://amzn.to/2Im0Z8E
ITALIAN LINK: https://amzn.to/2rKoWzl
U.S.A. LINK: https://amzn.to/2Ii8vW9
ITALIAN LINK: https://amzn.to/2rK0bDr
U.S.A. LINK: https://amzn.to/2IleHN0
ITALIAN LINK: https://amzn.to/2L30jH9
U.S.A. LINK: https://amzn.to/2qZowZf
ITALIAN LINK: https://amzn.to/2BY3s7B
Kitchen Tools Using In This Video:
U.S.A. LINK: https://amzn.to/2FTzROV
ITALIANK LINK: https://amzn.to/38eYUYJ
U.S.A. LINK: https://amzn.to/2ChZOJ0
ITALIAN LINK: https://amzn.to/2NGBJg2
Stir-Fry Wok Pan:
U.S.A. LINK: https://amzn.to/2Q2pyvC
ITALIAN LINK: https://amzn.to/2CgnY6v
Portable Induction Cooktop:
U.S.A. LINK: https://amzn.to/2PvmmHM
ITALIAN LINK: https://amzn.to/2NOAewB
DISCLAIMER: How Tasty is a member of the Amazon Affiliates Program. If you purchase through these links, you pay the same price, and How Tasty receives a small commission. This help supports the channel and allows us to continue to make videos like this. Thank you so much for your support!
Makes about 25 balls:
3 large Red Potatoes, 450 g (1 pound) raw and unpeeled
100 g (3,5 oz) Mozzarella Cheese
50 g (1/2 cup) Parmigiano Reggiano (or Parmesan), freshly grated
50 g (1/2 cup) All Purpose Flour
200 g (about 2 cups) Homemade Breadcrumbs
5 g (1 tbsp) Paprika
1. Peel potatoes and soak in cold water to remove starch excess.
2. Cut potatoes in big chunks.
3. Boil potato chunks in salted water until fork tender.
4. Meanwhile slice Mozzarella cheese and cut it in small cubes (about 0,5 cm – 0,2 inch).
5. Place mozzarella cubes over a kitchen paper and press one kitchen paper over to absorb water excess. Set aside.
6. Prepare the breading: in three separate medium size bowls palce flour, beaten eggs and bread crumbs.
7. Combine the bread crumbs with salt, black pepper and paprika. Set aside.
8. Prepare potato balls: drain boiled potatoes and place them in heat proof bowl.
9. While still hot, place them in a potato ricer and push them (or you can use a potato masher).
10. Grate Parmigiano Reggiano in the warm mashed potatoes, season with pepper and mix until well combine.
11. Add salt to taste.
12. Use a tablespoon to take equal portions of potato mixture and form into balls (every ball will be about 16 g – 0,5 oz).
13. Make a hole in the center of every ball and fill it with cubed Mozzarella cheese. You’ll get about 25 balls.
14. Coat each ball in Flour first, then dip into beaten Eggs, then roll into Bread Crumbs mix, then deep into Eggs again and one last time into Bread Crumbs mix.
15. Place all the breaded balls in a baking tray lined with parchment paper and place them in refrigerator until heat the oil.
16. Fill a large pot with vegetable oil (I used Peanut Oil) and heat over medium heat until it reaches 350° F (175° C).
17. Deep fry potato balls until golden brown, for about 4 minutes. Be careful not to over-fry them because the Mozzarella may ooze out completely.
18. Drain the balls on a paper towel.
19. Season with salt and serve immediately with your favourite sauce.
Video Rating: / 5