Learn how to make one of our family favorites — a simple, healthy pasta salad.
IN THE PASTA SALAD — pasta (we used one packet of fusilli pasta), 8 ounces of feta cheese, 1 head of broccoli, 1 can of artichoke hearts, 1/2 of a red bell pepper, 1/2 of a red onion, 1 can of sliced black olives, Mediterranean spice mix (you can season with your favorite spice mix), salt, pepper
IN THE DRESSING — 1 packet of Good Seasons Zesty Italian salad dressing mix, 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar, vegetable oil (we used grapeseed oil), 2 tablespoons of mayo, water
1. Boil a large pot of water. Add salt. Add 1 packet of pasta. (Follow the instructions on your pasta to determine how long it should cook. Ours took about 9 minutes).
2. MEANWHILE: Slice half a red bell pepper and half a red onion. Drain 1 can of artichoke hearts and slice in half. Drain 1 can of sliced black olives.
3. Chop up 1 head of broccoli. Add broccoli to pot of boiling water THREE minutes before the pasta is finished cooking (this eliminates the need to cook the broccoli in a separate pot!).
4. Drain pasta/broccoli. Wash with cold water. Transfer to a bowl and allow time to cool.
5. Add chopped ingredients to the pasta.
6. TO MAKE THE DRESSING: Add 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar and 3 tablespoons of water. Add 1 packet of Good Seasons Zesty Italian salad dressing mix. Whisk. Add 1/2 cup of vegetable oil. OPTIONAL: For extra creaminess, add 2 tablespoons of mayo.
7. Pour dressing over pasta salad. Season with Mediterranean spice mix, salt, & pepper (to taste).
8. Crumble feta cheese (about 8 ounces) over the pasta salad and toss ingredients together.
MUSIC by Broke For Free (available here: https://soundcloud.com/broke-for-free/only-knows)
Thanks for watching! Don’t forget to rate, comment, & subscribe!