Niramish or Labra is a traditional Bangladeshi vegetable curry recipe. Though Niramish is a vegetable recipe, it is a very special recipe because a rich varity of vegetables, spices, ghee, oil, lentils and many more ingredients are used. Niramish or Labra is not only prepared as an everyday recipe but it is prepared in many occasions like ‘Pujo’, ‘Pohela Baishak’, sometimes in village marriage ceremonies. Niramish is not difficult to cook. We can use as many kinds of seasonal vegetables, regular vegetable items like potato, and all the spices near our hand. Here I have shown a very simple way to cook Niramish or Bangladeshi Labra.
1. Regular and seasonal vegetables – curry cut
2. Oil – vegetable oil/ mostered oil/ olive oil – half cup + clarified butter or ghee 2tablespoon(optional)
3. Paanch foron ( five spices mix ) – most important spice – 1 teaspoon
4. Garam masalas: 1 Bayleaf
5. Corriander leaves – chopped 100gm
6. Green chilis – 5 to 6pcs
7. Ginger paste – 2 tablespoon
8. Garlic paste – 1 tablespoon
9. Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
10. Cumin powder – 2 teaspoon
11. Tarmaric powder – 1 teaspoon
12. Chopped onion – 1 cup
13. Warm water for Kosha process – 1 cup
14. Chana daal, Mung Daal, Basmati rice, 1 or 2 tablespoon each soaked into water for 1 hour before cooking.
15. Salt to taste
16. Sugar – 1 teaspoon
17. Dried red chili – 3pcs
Serve warm with plain rice, roti, naan, paratha and luchi. Enjoy!
Video Rating: / 5