KADAI VEGETABLES (Serves – 4)
1 medium carrot, peeled, blanched and cut into diamonds
10-12 cauliflower florets, blanched in turmeric water
4-5 baby corn, blanched and cut into diamonds
5-6 French beans, stringed, blanched and cut into 1 inch pieces
1 small green capsicum, cut into small cubes
100 grams cottage cheese (paneer), cut into small cubes
2 tablespoons oil
2 medium onions, chopped
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon ginger paste
1½ tablespoons garlic paste
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
2 teaspoons Kashmiri red chilli powder
1 tablespoon coriander powder
1¼ teaspoons dried fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi) powder
½ cup tomato puree
¼ cup cashewnut-melon seed (kaju-magaz) paste
1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves + for garnishing
4 tablespoons coriander seeds
12-16 black peppercorns
7 green cardamoms
2 dried red chillies
1 black cardamom
1 tablespoon cumin seeds (jeera)
1. To make kadai masala, grind together coriander seeds, peppercorns, green cardamoms, red chillies, black cardamom and cumin seeds to a fine powder.
2. Heat oil in a non-stick kadai. Add 2 tablespoons kadai masala and sauté for a minute.
3. Add onions, mix and sauté till well browned. Add tomatoes and salt, mix well and cook till tomatoes soften.
4. Add ginger paste and garlic paste, mix and sauté for a minute. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and 1 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves powder, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add tomato puree, mix well and cook till the oil surfaces. Add cashewnut-melon seed paste, mix and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Add remaining kadai masala, carrots, cauliflower, baby corn, French beans and capsicum and mix well. Add ½ cup water and stir.
7. Add salt, cottage cheese, coriander leaves, remaining dried fenugreek leaves powder, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
8. Garnish with coriander leaf and serve hot.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
For more recipes : http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor
Video Rating: / 5