Super quick Sunday night recipe that will have you prepared with meals for the rest of the week!
☟click to show more☟
This recipe makes about 10-12 taquitos. At 3 per serving, that’s about 4 meals for the week!
Taquitos are usually fried, but I am a not a fried food kind of gyal. Particularly because it adds a lot of extra calories, and I like to keep my fat intake under 35% of my total diet – so I would rather get this fat from cheese rather than oil because cheese also contains protein and calcium which are great for strong muscles and bones.
1 pepper, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
Jalapeño peppers, chopped (optional)
1 onion, chopped
2 cups of cooked beans – I used canned beans
2 cups of cooked corn – I used canned corn
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
Salt & pepper
10-12 small whole wheat tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Chop up pepper, jalapeno, onion.
3. Mince garlic.
4. Grate cheddar cheese.
5. Pulse beans and corn in a blender until it becomes a bit chunky.
6. Mix pepper, garlic, cheese, onion, jalapeños, cumin, paprika, salt & pepper in a bowl to make the filling.
7. Place a line of filling on a tortilla, roll it up, and place it on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
8. Continue filling and rolling tortillas until all the filling has been used up.
9. Brush taquitos with olive oil.
10. Bake for 12 minutes, flip them at the halfway point, and add more shredded cheddar cheese before putting them back in the oven.
▼ ▽ AjaMadeYa
Find me on Instagram for more recipes and nutrition tips!
▼ ▽ Music
“No Face (Instrumental)” by KOFI
Video Rating: / 5