This delicious pulled pork recipe is, imho, the best way to create this classic dish. Why? Because we re-infuse it with the fat that others normally throw away. Enjoy!
Delicious Pulled Pork Cooked Entirely In Your Dutch Oven
🍎Essential Kitchen Tools And Books For Low Carb Living
Some or all links listed on this page are affiliate links for products that I’ll earn a tiny commission on per-sale. The cost to you, if you buy anything, is absolutely nothing.
Servings: 8; Net Carbs: 1g per serving
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp paprika
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp cayenne pepper
3.5 lbs. pork shoulder roast (aka pork butt)
1 medium yellow onion, sliced
1. Combine the seasonings
2. Leave the fat cap on the pork shoulder, do NOT cut it off.
3. Score the fat cap with diagonal cuts at 90 degrees to each other, creating diamond shapes. Do not cut into the meat.
4. Season pork, getting the rub all over it and into the cuts.
5. Wrap it up in plastic wrap, leave it in the fridge overnight (18-24 hrs).
6. add lard to dutch oven and brown your onions, leaving the onions on the bottom.
7. Put it whole in your dutch oven pork side up. Cut it up and stack it in two (or thirds) if necessary to make room.
8. Set oven rack to the lower third of oven.
9. Cook at 350 degrees for about 6 hours (or until the callogen melts, making it soft enough for the meat to pull away very easily).
10. Take the meat out and shred it.
11. add 1/3 cup of low carb BBQ into the fat that’s still in the dutch oven, turn on heat, and mix it all up (scraping up all the brown bits and caramelized onions).
12. Mix the meat back in the fat and BBQ sauce.
This dish will keep in the fridge for at least a week.
🔔Low Carb Mustard BBQ sauce (optional). Recipe: :https://youtu.be/-wUhT7BhPCk
Video Rating: / 5